Professional help for behavioural problems in all animals
If you are sharing your life with an animal with a behavioural problem, you are probably frustrated and exhausted. Behavioural problems are one of the main reasons for animals to be relinquished or euthanased. Often you will seek advice from breeders, books, pet shops, friends, trainers and the internet, all offering conflicting advice and adding to your confusion.
But don’t give up! You have come to the right place. It is never too late to make the start towards changing behaviour for the better!
Whether you are an owner, trainer, breeder, shelter or rescue organisation, working with animals in any way, Dr Katrina Ward, a veterinary behaviour consultant based in Hobart, Tasmania can offer help.
Some common problems she manages are:
- Fear & Anxiety
- Repetitive behaviours (such as spinning, overgrooming, vocalising, weaving)
- Training problems
- Excessive vocalising (such as barking)
- Toileting problems
- Fabric sucking or eating non-food items
- Any sudden change in behaviour
- or any other concerns.
Visit the Pet Owners Resources page for more information on some of these issues
Other services include:
- Advice on pet selection or introduction of a new pet
- Seminars or training classes
- Puppy classes
- Temperament assessment